A few posts ago, we discussed some of the main or more well-known member benefits for Georgia lawyers. That list was not exhaustive, and because we haven’t posted in a while, we wanted to share a couple more with you. (Actually, we kept the last post up for a long time because it is very, very important! Please read it here, if you didn’t before.)
So here goes:
1) Online Vendor Directory – On the State Bar’s website, this is known as the “Discounts/Services for Members” area under the Attorney Resources heading. This directory is a listing of not only the hotel discounts members can receive on properties near the Bar centers – Atlanta, Tifton and Savannah, but also includes groups of products adn services for virtually anything a lawyer will need. Office supplies, legal technology, and even legal representation is available, and many vendors offer discounts through their listings. If you run across a product or service that you should think should be included then please send the information to our member benefits coordinator, Sheila Baldwin, at email@example.com or give her a call at 404-526-8618.
2) Office Start Up Kit – Well, if you’re one of our earlier followers, you already know that the Law Practice Management Program offers a free kit, Starting Your Georgia Law Practice. Just contact the program for your copy! Check out our previous post about it and other office start-up help here.
3) Consumer Assistance Program – The number you need to have handy for someone having trouble with a lawyer – and we know this won’t be you -or their legal problems is the number for the Consumer Assistance Program. It’s 404-527-8759 or 800-334-6865 Ext. 8759! This service assists members of the public (and lawyers, too!) by providing information and referrals to the appropriate solutions.
4) Fee Arbitration Program – The Fee Arbitration Program can help with fee disputes between you and your clients or disputes between you and another lawyer or lawyers as a result of concerns from dissolution, fee sharing or partner withdrawals.
5) Free Meeting Space and PARKING at Bar Headquarters – Two of the most popular offerings of the State Bar of Georgia is its free space for members to meet and park at the Bar Headquarters! If you need to have a meeting for a client consultation, group gathering or deposition, you can contact the Bar’s Conference Center and reserve a space at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-419-0155. This service is first-come, first-serve, but well worth it! And, you get to park for free any time the Bar’s parking deck is open. Yes, even on weekends for events, etc! Check the Bar’s website under About the Bar and then Bar Offices to get an update for special parking deck hours.
Your State Bar has a lot of valuable resources, and we both hope you take advantage of them as you need!
- Natalie and Tina